Permanent Full-Time Position based from San Francisco, CA
On-Location, Hybrid or Remote
Kearns & West is a leader in the collaborative communications field, providing services in public involvement, stakeholder facilitation, community outreach, and mediation, for the public and private sector. Founded in 1984, the small, woman-owned business has offices in Portland, Riverside, San Diego, Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC.
Focusing on positive, mutually beneficial results has allowed Kearns & West to maintain long-term relationships with the people and organizations they assist. The firm’s high-stakes projects include work at local, state, and national levels and cover a variety of sectors including land use and community planning, transportation, major public facilities and infrastructure, natural resources, energy, water, and marine resources. At the core of all our projects is finding solutions to advance essential policies and programs.
Kearns & West is the ideal match for professionals seeking meaningful work, opportunities for growth, and colleagues that are smart, capable, and supportive. Once on board, our employees stay for the long term. The entrepreneurial culture at Kearns & West values employee initiatives in practice innovation and business development. Compensation and benefits at Kearns & West are also highly competitive with firms in our field.
Kearns & West seeks an Accounting Assistant in our San Francisco, CA office. The candidate will support a range of accounting and administrative functions including Accounts Payable, Billings, Accounts Receivable Collections and Contract Administration.
This position involves a wide range of responsibilities and roles including:
- Process and enter accounts payables
- Review all employee expense reports and receipts, confirming proper backup is attached
- Research all vendor and employee payments
- Prepare some client billings
- Follow up with accounts receivable collections
- Provide contract administration support
- Assist with project budget tracking
- Supporting accounting ad-hoc activities
Successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience). A minimum of 2 years accounting experience is preferred.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Organized and prepared to contribute to our full team
- Adaptable and flexible
- Done Accounts Payable
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to create and follow clear processes.
- An effective and reliable written and oral communicator
- Comfortable with taking direction yet able to take the initiative as needed
- Able to reliably set priorities, manage multiple tasks, and handle pressure/tight deadlines
- Successful at balancing working as part of a team with working independently
Applicant must demonstrate strong computer skills with MS Office products, proficiency in Excel. DELTEK Ajera Accounting experience preferred.
Compensation will depend on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line as “Job_66”. No faxes or phone calls please.