Kearns & West is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to oversee our General Ledger. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for monitoring general accounting practices, financial reporting, developing internal accounting controls, opening and tracking projects as well as analysis of projects in relation to the contracts. The successful candidate for this position will report directly to our CFO.
Kearns & West is a national collaborative problem solving, dispute resolution, and strategic communications firm with offices in Washington, D.C., Sacramento/Davis, Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Francisco, CA, and Portland, OR. We provide a spectrum of services including project management; outreach and engagement; process and meeting design, conflict resolution including mediation; collaborative decision making; internal and external communications planning; meeting facilitation; and strategic planning.
Accounting Manager Position
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations and ensure that there is a redundant process backup in place for every critical operation
- Responsible for the General Ledger in a manner consistent with GAAP
- Maintain all balance sheet and bank reconciliations
- Coordinate the monthly closing of financial books and records
- Coordinate all outside audits and financial reviews
- Cash Tracking, cash-flow forecasting and resource allocation forecasting
- Work with project teams to ensure that all accounts receivables are current
- Create new internal accounting corporate policies and maintain existing policies
- Monitor emerging technology to determine ways to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability
- Perform revenue and expenditure variance analysis on monthly basis
- Perform quarterly and annual financial analysis on income statement
- Assist CFO in developing and implementing FP&A process
- Develop and maintain financial reporting
- Work with outside CPA for tax preparation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3+ years’ experience
- CPA desired but not required
- Government contracting experience desired but not required
- Deltek/Ajera Accounting system experience desired but not required.
This position will be virtual to start but will based in San Francisco post COVID.
TO APPLY: Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.