Kearns & West is a leader in the collaborative communications field, providing services in public involvement, stakeholder facilitation, community outreach, and mediation, for the public and private sector. Founded in 1984, the small, woman-owned business has offices in Austin, Denver, Portland, San Francisco, Riverside, San Diego, Sacramento, Los Angeles, Atlanta, and Washington, DC. Kearns & West is committed to maintaining a diverse workplace and is an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kearns & West seeks an Associate in our Denver, Colorado office. The candidate will support a range of stakeholder engagement, communications, problem solving, dispute resolution, and public engagement and outreach projects across the firm. It is likely this position will focus on projects in the transportation sector. The position provides an opportunity to work on projects around the state as well as the possibility of involvement in regional and national projects.
The position involves a wide range of responsibilities and roles including:
- Support for multi-party collaboratives involving complex, high-profile public policy issues
- Leading or supporting the coordination of meeting logistics
- Documenting stakeholder engagement and community meetings, including notetaking, report preparation, and database management
- Communications and outreach support
- Tracking project activities and deadlines
- Preparation of informational materials for stakeholders and the public
- Project research
- Administrative duties
- Digital engagement and social media
- Business development and development of project proposals including budgets
- Project management, contract administration, and invoice preparation
- Proofreading reports and other documents
- And more…
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and a background/interest in transportation, community/regional planning, environmental/public policy issues, natural resource management, renewable energy, transmission, air quality, public involvement, conflict resolution, peacebuilding and mediation. Two to five years of experience is preferred.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Organized and prepared to contribute to our full team
- Adaptable and flexible
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- An effective and reliable communicator
- Interested in learning facilitation skills and growing to facilitate complex public policy issues
- Comfortable with taking direction yet able to take the initiative as needed
- Able to reliably set priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet project deadlines
- Able to work and balance multiple projects for multiple clients
- Successful at balancing working as part of a team with working independently
Applicant must demonstrate strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and database management, and proficiency or interest in webinar, website, and data analysis technologies. Graphic design and Adobe Creative Suite skills are desirable, but not required.
Compensation will depend on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply immediately by submitting cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Denver Associate Opening.” Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Additionally, we are always interested in hearing from potential colleagues at the senior level who would be interested in joining our Kearns & West affiliates team on a contract basis. If you are interested, we encourage you to submit your qualifications and resume to email@example.com with the subject “Denver Affiliate Interest.”