Kearns & West’s has an opening for a Billing Specialist with Professional Services experience. Kearns & West is a national collaborative problem solving, dispute resolution, and strategic communications firm with offices in Washington, DC, Sacramento/Davis, Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Francisco, CA, and Portland, OR. We provide a spectrum of services including project management; stakeholder and public outreach and engagement; process and meeting design; conflict resolution including mediation and facilitated decision making; and strategic planning. We work primarily – but not exclusively – across a broad spectrum of public policy issues. Our collaborative programs are designed to identify and organize a range of issues, opinions, goals and interests into clear, productive processes that lead to successful conclusions for diverse parties and key stakeholders.
Kearns & West’s mission: Organizations impacting society operate within a complex framework of needs, policies, interests, and markets. Kearns & West navigates this framework to help clients collaborate, communicate vision, and create productive connections with their stakeholders, employees and customers.
For more information please visit: https://kearnswest.com/
We are hiring an experienced billing specialist to join our Business Team and help support the growth of Kearns & West. This position will create detailed invoices for our clients. Invoices are mostly Time & Material but with some Fixed Fee, and percentage of completion. This position will also be charged with setting up projects in the accounting system to allow full tracking. You will also help Project Managers to analyze the financial status of projects. This position must adhere to tight deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously. Because our firm operates across many states and with cloud-based systems, we require the ability to work independently and communicate effectively with the project team members, project managers and management. You will use your superior customer service skills daily.
The position will support the implementation of the new accounting system.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has previous billing experience
- Knowledge of general accounting principals
- Is comfortable with adapting to various computer systems and software
- Is Detail-oriented
- Highly organized
- Committed to customer service
- Adaptable and flexible
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently with limited supervision
- An effective and reliable communicator
This position will:
- Review and approve expenses for projects as needed
- Uploading expenses to our accounting system
- Preparing and sending client invoices using a variety of customer preferred delivery methods Working with the Project Team to resolve any invoicing discrepancies or edit
- Assist in preparing and maintaining reports for the Business Team
- Assist with collections as needed
- Assist clients with bank wire instructions
- Set up Direct Deposit for receivables
- Support the implementation of the new accounting system
- Creating financial reports for Project team to review project status
- Assist in other areas of the Business Team as needed
- Assist is setting up new projects in accounting system as needed
IMMEDIATE HIRE: We plan to fill this position as soon as possible.
Education, Certifications and Experience
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: 2+ years of previous Professional Services billing with a high attention to detail. Experience with Adobe preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft office applications is required. Proficient with computer systems and billing software is desired.
Experience with Unanet highly desirable but not required.
How to Apply
Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “Billing Specialist”. We ask that you not call K&W staff or send telecopies. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.