Business Development Senior Associate
About the Job
Location: D.C. and NY
Kearns & West is a leading national consulting firm in stakeholder facilitation, public involvement, and community outreach, mainly for government agencies. Our team thrives on finding paths forward on important, complex projects. In business for nearly 40 years, the firm has 100+ team members in Sacramento, Southern California, San Francisco, Portland OR, Denver CO, Washington DC, and other cities across the United States.
For more information, please visit: www.kearnswest.com
Kearns & West is seeking a dynamic mid-level career professional experienced working with federal clients. The Business Development Senior Associate will collaborate with project staff to coordinate and lead high priority, high value proposals on behalf of Kearns & West. They will facilitate and own the entire proposal process, including capture strategy, go/no-go decision phase, developing and implementing proposal schedules, development of the technical proposal and aspects of the cost proposal, and managing a proposal’s successful on-time submission. Successful candidates will have experience leading the proposal process, excellent writing skills, enjoy working in a team environment, be solution-oriented and results-driven, and possess a great sense of humor.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work across sector, service, and office teams to manage proposal process for high priority proposals for clients including EPA, DOI, as well as state and local agencies in New York, Oregon, Colorado, and California, owning the entire process.
- As proposal manager, lead the development of proposals with minimal day-to-day oversight, coordinating the overarching process by establishing and adhering to timelines for technical and cost volumes, troubleshooting solutions to unexpected challenges. ensuring that proposals meet client specifications and deadlines as well as Kearns & West quality standards; drafting sections of proposals; finalizing documents; and ensuring the submission of a compliant and competitive proposal.
- Drive the proposal’s pre-positioning phase by conducting comprehensive research on the opportunity, competition, client, and other relevant requirements as needed.
- Facilitate and oversee the go/no-go bid evaluation process for selected opportunities, guiding teams and leadership through a decision-making process that ensures opportunities align with Kearns & West strategic priorities.
- Develop, oversee, and maintain the proposal calendar, in collaboration with project staff proposal leads, and monitor adherence to the defined process and deadlines for technical proposals, rosters/recruiting, proposal budgets, production schedules, and quality standards for proposals.
- In collaboration with the Business Services Team, craft best-value cost strategies and ensure a unified strategy in both technical and cost proposals.
- Participate in the review and compilation of lessons learned and after-action-reviews of proposal submission processes for Kearns & West.
- Corporate Strategic Responsibilities
- Support Senior Director – Business Development and Kearns & West’s leadership in developing annual and multi-year business development strategies that leverage Kearns & West’s capabilities to identify and win new business opportunities.
- Within Kearn & West’s target technical, client, and geographic priorities, collaborate with the Senior Director – Business Development to identify new business opportunities, ensure up to date client knowledge, and manage relationships, potential partners, and consultants. This includes working collaboratively with designated offices and sector and service teams to develop and implement positioning strategies to strengthen Kearns & West’s likelihood of winning new business.
- Responsible for managing and disseminating business intelligence and positioning information obtained from networks, project teams, for the service and sector lines they are following.
- Work with Sector and Service team leadership to identify partnering opportunities and form new strategic alliances with implementing partners and other stakeholders to advance project development for Kearns & West.
- General Business Development Support
- Foster, build and maintain Kearns & West staff capacity in the US and in the field in development of new or expanded business opportunities for Kearns & West.
- Assist in the development of and training of project staff on use of cutting edge tools, processes, procedures, and standards for proposal development.
- Work with the Senior Director – Business Development to maintain the company’s CRM system and Knowledge management systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Outstanding oral and written English communication skills
- Familiarity with MSWord, Excel, Power Point, Salesforce, and Adobe or other graphic software
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- At least 3+ years’ experience managing proposals
- 5+ years of related experience within business development and/or project management
- Strong planning and time management skills and the ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Ability to manage diverse teams and be a team player
- Experience with budget preparation
- Experience with U.S. Government procurement policies, procedures, and mechanisms (such as Indefinite Quantity Contracts, Contracts, etc.)
* Please Note that selected candidates will be required to pass a background and reference screening.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Kearns & West, Inc. has a long-standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at Kearns & West, Inc.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. EEO/AA/M/F/V/D
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Job Employee Benefits
Compensation for this position is in the range of $65,000-85,000 and will depend on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
KeanKearns & West, Inc. also offers a competitive benefits package, which includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, 401k Traditional and ROTH, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Account, Transportation Account, Parking Account, and Health Reimbursement Account, Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays, Floating Holiday, Cell Phone Stipend, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply for the Senior Associate – Business Development position HERE
We ask that you do not call or email staff directly. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.