Kearns & West specializes in designing and implementing technology solutions that help groups achieve more when they are together (in person or virtually) and between meetings. We blend technology considerations with group dynamics, outreach, and communications expertise. The work within our ever evolving technology practices ranges from deploying virtual decision-making tools during a pandemic, facilitating collaborative development of an interactive requirements database for a visioning process, or conducting user research to advance, deploy, and evolve a full range of technology and program resource deployments in project environments.
We provide a spectrum of services including facilitation, project management; digital engagement and collaborative technology; process and meeting design, conflict resolution including mediation; outreach and engagement; collaborative decision-making; and strategic planning. We work extensively – but not exclusively – on public policy decision-making, conflict resolution, and citizen engagement across a broad spectrum of issues. Our collaborative programs are designed to identify and organize a range of issues, opinions, goals and interests into clear, productive processes that lead to successful conclusions for diverse parties and key stakeholders.
Kearns & West’s mission: Organizations impacting society operate within a complex framework of needs, policies, interests, and markets. Kearns & West navigates this framework to help clients collaborate, communicate vision, and create productive connections with their stakeholders, employees and customers.
We are seeking an energetic Collaborative Technology Consultant to join our Washington, DC office. The position will collaborate with staff in offices Sacramento/Davis, Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Francisco, CA, Portland, OR, and Atlanta, GA.
This position is a good fit for those with process- and people- focused user experience interests. In this role you will navigate among internal agency partners to identify requirements for next-gen dashboard and GIS systems, support process and technology design and deployment in complex data-driven decision-making processes, and assess interests and synthesize data to develop decision-flows and related digital products to inform prioritization, strategic planning, and funding discussions.
If you have “fluency in technology” and are able to quickly assess technology challenges, consider individual and team human elements, and research and lead project and internal technology deployments, then this is the position for you! Experience across a breadth of collaborative technology platforms is ideal – including webinar tools (e.g., Zoom / Ring Central, Adobe Connect, MS Teams, WebEx), database and CRM tools (e.g., Insightly, SharePoint, Airtable), website development (e.g., WordPress, HTML); visualization and graphic design (the Adobe Creative Suite, word clouds, etc.) and more!
The Collaborative Technology Consultant will be responsible for:
- User interviews and focus group planning and execution
- Requirements gathering and data synthesis,
- Digital engagement research and support, social media and digital communications support,
- User research and user centered design,
- Troubleshooting and event technology design and support,
- Webinar management and technical facilitation,
- Team onboarding and technology adoption support for growing collaborative technology toolkit, technical writing and support documentation creation (developing user guides, leading technology trainings).
- 8+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated interest in technology deployment and adoption, collaborative processes and team support, facilitation and stakeholder / customer / user engagement strongly preferred. Demonstrated interest in environmental issues, natural resource management, and/or energy is beneficial.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to be flexible and resourceful and handle pressure/tight deadlines gracefully
- Ability to interact and perform in a team-based environment
- Ability to accessibly communicate technical matter, including written communications (user guides), 1-on-1 user troubleshooting support across all levels of technology acumen, and technology trainings
- Capacity to rapidly distill core strengths and constraints of technological platforms
- Strong writing skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver
- Strong knowledge of webinar and synchronous technology platforms – Adobe Connect, Zoom / Ring Central Meetings, WebEx, MS Teams
- Knowledge of GIS platforms and deployment requirements
- Knowledge of charts, graphs, and visuals / graphic design a plus
- Knowledge or interest in graphic design including document layouts, charts, graphs, infographics
- Experience or interest in social media
WHAT WE OFFER:
Generous 401k Matching
Companywide bonus program
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Washington DC Collaborative Technology & Team Coordinator.” We ask that you do not call or email staff directly. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information please visit: https://kearnswest.com/contact-us/careers/