Executive Assistant / Officer Manager II
About the Job
Location: Portland, OR – Onsite Role
Kearns & West is a national collaborative problem-solving, dispute resolution, stakeholder engagement, and strategic communications firm with offices throughout the country. Kearns & West’s collaboration programs are designed to take a diverse range of issues, opinions, goals, and interests and organize them into clear, productive processes that lead to successful conclusions.
Kearns & West is the ideal match for professionals seeking meaningful work, opportunities for growth, and colleagues that are smart, supportive, and oriented toward public service. Once on board, our team members stay for the long term. The entrepreneurial culture at Kearns & West values initiative.
For more information, please visit www.kearnswest.com
Kearns & West’s Portland, OR office seeks a full-time Executive Assistant / Office Manager. This position will provide Executive level support for the Principal of the Portland office. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, has great initiative, can accomplish tasks quickly, is able to juggle many tasks simultaneously, and balances working in a fast-paced environment as part of a team with working well independently. Successful applicants will also have strong written and oral communication skills. Requires high attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
Although this position is based in the Portland, OR region and will primarily support the Portland office as well as remote needs for teams in Seattle and Denver, this role will collaborate with members of the Management, Business, and Project Teams to advance activities across departments including Marketing, HR, and IT.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provides administrative support to assist the Principal of the Portland office with assigned duties such as scheduling meetings, maintaining meeting agendas, digital filing/organization, action list tracking, record keeping, and managing office operations and schedules.
- Assists in writing and proofreading materials; finds and develops charts, graphics, and visuals.
- Provides technical and administrative support for project team meetings, assisting with meeting planning, note-taking, and running digital engagement technology during meetings.
- Supports updates to company website with job postings and team members’ postings in collaboration with the Marketing Team.
- Oversees the daily work activities and operations of the office.
- Plans and coordinates office team-building activities.
- Maintains the inventory of office equipment and supplies; orders new equipment and supplies as needed.
- Facilitates maintenance of office equipment including cleaning, maintenance, and repairs.
- Posts job descriptions and schedules interviews for Portland-based positions in collaboration with the HR Team.
- Schedules onboarding and provides operations onboarding training for Portland-based new hires in coordination with the HR Team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of office management procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Office 365 – SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with webinar and other technology (e.g., Zoom, Webex, WordPress, Adobe).
- Experience with organizational platform tools (e.g., Monday, Miro, Asana, Trello, Airtable).
- Experience with graphic design tools (e.g., PhotoShop, InDesign) are a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least three years of C-suite level support and/or office management experience.
Salary Range $60,000 – $75,000
How to Apply:
Please apply for the “Executive Assistant / Office Manager II ” job here: APPLY HERE