Kearns & West is a leader in the field of public involvement and stakeholder engagement, facilitation, public affairs, community outreach and strategic planning for the public and private sectors. Founded in 1984, the small, woman-owned business has offices in Washington, DC; Austin, TX; Charleston, SC; Denver, CO; Portland, OR; and throughout California in Sacramento, San Francisco, Davis, Los Angeles, San Diego and Riverside. We are a relationship-driven organization – internally and externally.
Kearns & West’s high-stakes projects include work at the federal, state, and local levels of government. We work on a variety of issues including water quality and quantity, marine and coastal resources, land use, energy and more. At their core, our projects are designed to identify and ultimately implement solutions to advance policies and programs essential to solving some of society’s most pressing problems. Kearns & West staff help clients build more equitable and sustainable communities through policy innovation, stakeholder engagement, and collaboration.
Kearns & West is the ideal match for professionals and consultants seeking meaningful work, opportunities for growth, and colleagues that are smart, supportive, and oriented toward public service.
For more information, please visit www.kearnswest.com.
Kearns & West is seeking a consultant experienced working in or with California transportation programs and transit agencies, as well as transportation consulting firms. The consultant will work with K&W’s Vice President/Transportation Lead to support prospecting for new clients nationally with a focus on California, setting up initial meet-and-greets, and coordinating client follow-up, including providing key informational materials requested during the meet-and-greets. It is anticipated the consultancy will run from January to June 2022 with an estimated 25%-time commitment over 6 months
Based on firm’s needs and under the supervision of the Vice President/Transportation Lead, the consultant will:
- Meet with K&W transportation team to understand their services and work. Based on this initial consultation, they will work with the VP to identify prospective clients and potential prime partners to target.
- Will leverage their network and connections to set up “meet-and-greet” meetings with potential clients and partners.
- Coordinate meeting follow-up by outlining meeting action items, working with the sector team to identify additional information and promotional materials to send to the client or partner, and draft all follow-up correspondence for the VP’s review.
- Develop any additional marketing materials needed.
The ideal consultant:
- Will have an extensive professional network with contacts nationally, but with an emphasis on California transit agencies and offices, as well as firms who regularly contract with California transit agencies.
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Is familiar with national transit initiatives and the procurement process.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Kearns & West is committed to maintaining a diverse workplace and is an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “46_Independent Contractor, Transportation BD Consultant.” We ask that you do not call or email staff directly. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.