Kearns & West provides a spectrum of services including facilitation; public involvement; project management; digital engagement and collaborative technology; process and meeting design, conflict resolution including mediation; outreach and engagement; collaborative decision-making; and strategic planning. We work extensively – but not exclusively – on public policy decision-making, conflict resolution, and citizen engagement across a broad spectrum of issues. Our collaborative programs are designed to identify and organize a range of issues, opinions, goals and interests into clear, productive processes that lead to successful conclusions for diverse parties and key stakeholders.
Kearns & West’s “IT Backbone” supports our organization and teams, ensuring functionality for our matrixed, small business to continue to thrive and grow. Kearns & West also has a Digital Engagement team that drives technology innovation in our services and client environments, helping groups achieve more when they are together (in person or virtually) and between meetings. As new technology pilots and needs evolve towards broader team adoption, our IT team helps deploy and manage technologies firm-wide.
Kearns & West’s mission: Organizations impacting society operate within a complex framework of needs, policies, interests, and markets. Kearns & West navigates this framework to help clients collaborate, communicate vision, and create productive connections with their stakeholders, employees and customers.
Kearns & West is seeking an IT Manager to lead our internal IT team. The K&W IT Team includes K&W Principals, leadership from our external-facing Digital Engagement team, and Project Coordinator / Office Manager support. The IT Manager will lead implementation of our firm’s “IT Backbone” – the core IT tools and services K&W leverages for our team to coordinate and deliver internal and external services (e.g., Office 365, VoIP Phones [currently Ring Central], Email Security Training [currently KnowB4], webinar platforms [zoom, webex] etc.) The IT Manager will team closely with our Digital Engagement team – as value-add technologies shift from project uses into broader firm-wide adoption and incorporation into our “backbone” of core tools.
This job isn’t: The help desk / first-responder role for “backbone” Kearns & West IT support (e.g., problem solving issues with Outlook.) We leverage an external managed service provider for that.
This job is: Managing our external service provider and teaming on visioning and leading support for strategic IT initiatives.
- Liaise with the managed IT service / Help Desk provider serving as the firm’s core point of contact
- Manage IT vendor relationships and oversee technology-oriented subscription/license services
- Plan and oversee strategic IT initiatives related to the rollout and continued use of security solutions, new technologies, major software upgrades, and others
- Document and track key metrics related to firm-wide IT performance for regular briefings and check-in with various firm staff
- Provide direct support to clients and stakeholders needing interoperability with firm technologies
- Work with relevant staff to manage and improve firm IT security, providing direct training and implementation support to staff
- Create and curate support materials and for firm-supported IT offerings, including detailed how-to documentation, SOPs, tool descriptions for marketing purposes, and the like
- Perform problem management services, analyzing core causes and working with stakeholders to address the issue and prevent their recurrence
- Serve as primary point of contact in addressing improvements to core firm technologies (for example, SharePoint modifications, website improvements, etc.)
- Bolster firm-wide technology adeptness through knowledge documentation and regular training opportunities
- Work with project staff and stakeholders to address complex technology issues, simplifying the issue and developing business cases or workplans for next steps
- Support employee onboarding and offboarding related to IT, account configuration, hardware procurement, etc.
- 4+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage and oversee IT projects
- Background in managing and communicating complex technical tasks with non-technical staff and stakeholders
- Demonstrated interest in environmental issues, natural resource management, and/or energy is beneficial.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Skill in managing and overseeing a firm-wide SharePoint Environment
- Conversancy in webinar and synchronous technology platforms –Zoom / Ring Central Meetings, WebEx, MS Teams
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Experience in end-to-end IT project management and oversight
- Ability to be flexible and resourceful and handle pressure/tight deadlines gracefully
- Ability to interact and perform in a team-based environment
- Ability to accessibly communicate technical matter, including written communications (user guides), 1-on-1 user troubleshooting support across all levels of technology acumen, and technology trainings
- Capacity to rapidly distill core strengths and constraints of technological platforms
WHAT WE OFFER:
Generous 401k Matching
Companywide bonus program
How to Apply
Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “IT Manager” We ask that you do not call or email staff directly. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.