Kearns & West is a national collaborative problem solving, dispute resolution, stakeholder engagement, and strategic communications firm with offices throughout the country. Kearns & West’s collaboration programs are designed to take a diverse range of issues, opinions, goals, and interests and organize them into clear, productive processes that lead to successful conclusions.
Kearns & West is the ideal match for professionals seeking meaningful work, opportunities for growth, and colleagues that are smart, supportive, and oriented toward public service. Once on board, our team members stay for the long term. The entrepreneurial culture at Kearns & West values initiative.
For more information, please visit: www.kearnswest.com.
Kearns & West’s San Francisco, CA office seeks a full-time Office Manager for immediate hire. This position will report to the Senior Director – Operations and will provide Executive level support to the CEO. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, has great initiative, can accomplish tasks quickly, and can successfully balance working as part of a team with working well independently. Successful applicants will also have strong written and oral communication skills. Requires high attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
Although this position is based in the San Francisco, CA region, it makes significant contributions to the entire company’s operations. The Office Manager will collaborate with members of the Management, Business, and Project Teams and advance activities across departments including Marketing, HR, IT, and Operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversees the daily work activities and operations of the office.
- Plans and coordinates office team-building activities.
- Maintains inventory of office equipment and supplies; orders new equipment and supplies as needed in support of the IT Team.
- Performs or facilitates maintenance of office equipment including cleaning, maintenance, and repairs.
- Provides clerical support when needed to assist the CEO and Business Team with assigned administrative duties such as maintaining meeting agendas, digital filing/organization, action list tracking, board and legal coordination and record keeping, managing office operations and staffing schedules.
- Assists in writing and proofreading materials; finds and develops charts, graphics, and visuals.
- Provides technical and administrative support for project team meetings, assisting with meeting planning, note-taking, and running digital engagement technology during meetings.
- Manages business licenses, representations, and certifications for the Business Team.
- Maintains company website with current news, job postings, and team members’ postings in collaboration with the Marketing Team.
- Posts job descriptions, screens resumes, and schedules interviews for the HR Team.
- Schedules onboarding and provides onboarding training on collaborative technology for new hires in coordination with the HR Team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of office management procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Office 365 – SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in webinar and other technology (e.g., Zoom, RingCentral, Webex, WordPress, Adobe).
- Experience in organizational platform tools (e.g., Miro, Asana, Trello, Airtable).
- Experience in graphic design and InDesign skills are a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or Accounting related field preferred.
At least three years of C-suite level support or Office Management experience.
Compensation will depend on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Kearns & West is committed to maintaining a diverse workplace and is an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “SF Office Manager.” We ask that you do not call or email staff directly. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.