Title: Project Accountant
Kearns & West is looking for an experienced Project Accountant to provide accounting and billing support to the project team. The Project Accountant will be responsible for setting up projects in ERP, preparing invoices per billing cycle, monitoring project financials and providing financial information to project management teams and senior management of the company. The successful candidate for this position will report to Sr Director of Finance.
Kearns & West is a national collaborative problem solving, dispute resolution, and strategic communications firm with offices in Washington, D.C., Sacramento/Davis, Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Francisco, CA, and Portland, OR. We provide a spectrum of services including project management; outreach and engagement; process and meeting design, conflict resolution including mediation; collaborative decision making; internal and external communications planning; meeting facilitation; and strategic planning.
- Setting up projects in ERP system.
- Coordinating with Business Development team and Contracts team to ensure accuracy and completeness of project documents throughout the life of projects.
- Confirming accuracy of billing rates at all times.
- Preparing project invoices in required formats, working with Project Management teams.
- Posting invoices in ERP system and sending those to clients.
- Coordinating monthly meetings with Project Managers to discuss project financials.
- Reaching out to clients for collections on past due invoices.
- Monitoring AR Aging and providing monthly updates on invoices aged 90+ days.
- Reviewing WIP reports and project health reports regularly to identify project level financial challenges.
- Escalating project challenges to higher management – matters such as fading profitability, collection delays, material write-offs, etc.
- Keeping track of periodic fixed fee billing schedules.
- Monitoring write-offs.
- Providing accounting support to project management team.
- Closing projects in ERP system using systematic closing process.
- Other special project accounting tasks as and when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or similar.
- 2+ years’ experience in Project Accounting or Job Accounting.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in project invoicing / billing and AR management.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Capacity to learn and navigate new financial and ERP systems.
- Ability to work with several teams and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with Unanet ERP System highly desired.
- Qualities such as team leader, self-starter, problem solver.
- Excellent communication skills for effective client service.
Salary Range- $67,500k- $85,000k
How to Apply
Please – APPLY HERE for the Project Accountant Role.