Title: Project Coordinator/Associate – Washington and Oregon
Location: ideally located in or near Washington and Oregon where Kearns & West has offices.
Kearns & West is a leader in the collaborative communications field, providing services in stakeholder facilitation, community outreach, and mediation, for the public and private sector. Founded in 1984, the small business has offices in Portland, Seattle, Denver, San Francisco, Riverside, San Diego, Sacramento, Los Angeles, Austin, Charleston, New York, and Washington, DC.
Focusing on positive, mutually beneficial results has allowed Kearns & West to maintain long-term relationships with the people and organizations they assist. The firm’s high-stakes projects include work at local, state, and national levels and cover a variety of sectors including natural resources, energy, water, marine resources, transportation, land use and community planning, and major public facilities and infrastructure. Developing solutions to advance essential policies and programs is a critical component of our project work.
Kearns & West is the ideal match for professionals seeking meaningful work, opportunities for growth, and colleagues that are smart, capable, and supportive. Once on board, our employees stay for the long term. The entrepreneurial culture at Kearns & West values employee initiatives in the practice of innovation and business development. Compensation and benefits at Kearns & West are also highly competitive with firms in our field.
Kearns & West seeks a project coordinator / associate role for our Seattle, Washington or Portland, Oregon office. Specifically, this entry-level position will provide support to several projects in our natural resource, water, and energy sectors. However, the role is not limited to these sectors and may work on projects related to transportation, land use and community planning, and equitable and inclusive engagement. In our work we remain impartial on the subject matter, the participants, and their interests and positions and focus exclusively on information quality, exchange, and the decision-making process. This is not an advocacy position.
Key responsibilities for this position include the following:
· Support for multi-party collaboratives involving complex, high-profile public policy issues
· Leading or supporting coordination of meeting logistics
· Documenting stakeholder engagement and community meetings, including notetaking, report preparation, and database management
· Tracking project activities and deadlines
· Project research
· Scheduling and facilitating client and project calls
· Preparation of informational materials for stakeholders and the public
· Proofreading reports and other documents
· Administrative duties
· Business development and development of project proposals including budgets
· Project management, contract administration, and invoice preparation
· Coordinating and conducting virtual meetings with interactive functions (e.g., Zoom)
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in natural resources, public policy, communications, journalism, public relations, political science, or a related field. Interest in environmental/public policy issues, natural resource management, community/regional planning, equity and inclusive engagement, conflict resolution, and mediation is also preferred.
Two to five years of experience is preferred including transferable skills. Your transferable skills are any skills you have gained through education, work experience (including the military) or life experience that are relevant for this position. Be sure to describe any transferable skills on your application and clearly explain how they apply to this position. An advanced degree or education is a plus but will not change job duties.
We are looking for someone who is:
· An effective and reliable communicator
· Organized and detail oriented
· Adaptable and flexible
· Self-motivated and comfortable working independently
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
· Interested in learning and growing professionally with our firm
· Comfortable with taking direction yet able to take the initiative as needed
· Able to reliably set priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet project deadlines
· Able to work and balance multiple projects for multiple clients
· Comfortable learning on the job
· Applicants must demonstrate strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Fluent with or quick to learn virtual meeting technologies such as zoom, WebEx, Miro, Poll Everywhere, etc.
SALARY RANGE: $50,000K – $70,000K
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Kearns & West is committed to maintaining a diverse workplace and is an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
HOW TO APPLY – PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY