Kearns & West seeks a Project Coordinator in the San Francisco or Sacramento, California office. The candidate will support a range, facilitation/collaboration, public engagement, communications, and problem solving projects. It is likely this position will focus on projects in the water, energy and marine sectors. The position provides an opportunity to work on projects throughout California and nationally.
The position involves a wide range of responsibilities and roles including:
- Leading or supporting coordination of meeting logistics;
- Attending meetings with stakeholders and providing logistics and note taking support;
- Developing meeting summaries and reports;
- Communications and outreach support;
- Preparation of informational materials for stakeholders and the public;
- Project research;
- Proofreading reports and other documents;
- Database management;
- Business development support including assistance with coordinating, tracking, and writing project proposals;
- Tracking project activities and deadlines;
- Managing staffing schedules;
- Coordinating invoicing and expenses.
Successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and a background/interest in environmental /natural resource topics. One to three years of work experience is preferred.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Organized and detail-oriented;
- Prepared to contribute to our full team;
- Adaptable and flexible;
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment;
- An effective and reliable communicator;
- Interested in learning facilitation skills and growing to facilitate complex public policy issues;
- Comfortable with taking direction yet able to take the initiative as needed;
- Able to reliably set priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines;
- Able to work and balance multiple projects for multiple clients;
- Successful at balancing working as part of a team with working independently.
Applicant must demonstrate strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and database management. Graphic design and InDesign skills are desirable, but not required.
Compensation will depend on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply immediately by submitting a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject “Northern California Project Coordinator Opening.” Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Additionally, we are always interested in hearing from potential colleagues at the senior level who would be interested in joining our Kearns & West affiliates team on a contract basis. If you are interested, we encourage you to submit your qualifications and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “California Affiliate Interest.”
Kearns & West is a leader in the collaborative communications field, providing services in public involvement, stakeholder facilitation, community outreach, and mediation, for the public and private sectors. Founded in 1984, the small, woman-owned business has offices in, San Francisco, Sacramento, Riverside, San Diego, Los Angeles, Portland, Atlanta and Washington, DC. Kearns & West is committed to maintaining a diverse workplace and is an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Focusing on positive, mutually beneficial results has allowed Kearns & West to maintain long-term relationships with the people and organizations we assist. The firm’s high-stakes projects include work at local, state, and national levels and cover a variety of sectors including water, energy, marine resources, land use, transportation, and community planning, and natural resources. At the core of all of our projects is finding solutions to advance essential policies and programs.
Kearns & West is the ideal match for professionals seeking meaningful work, opportunities for growth, and colleagues that are smart, capable, and supportive. Once on board, our employees stay for the long term. The entrepreneurial culture at Kearns & West values employee initiatives in practice innovation and business development. Compensation and benefits at Kearns & West are also highly competitive with firms in our field.