Kearns & West’s Washington, DC Office has an opening for a Project Coordinator. Kearns & West is a national collaborative problem solving, dispute resolution, and strategic communications firm with offices in Washington, DC, Sacramento/Davis, Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Francisco, CA, and Portland, OR. We provide a spectrum of services including project management; outreach and engagement; process and meeting design, conflict resolution including mediation; collaborative decision making; and strategic planning. We work extensively – but not exclusively – on public policy decision-making, conflict resolution, and citizen engagement across a broad spectrum of issues. Our collaborative programs are designed to identify and organize a range of issues, opinions, goals, and interests into clear, productive processes that lead to successful conclusions for diverse parties and key stakeholders.
Kearns & West’s mission: Organizations impacting society operate within a complex framework of needs, policies, interests, and markets. Kearns & West navigates this framework to help clients collaborate, communicate vision, and create productive connections with their stakeholders, employees and customers.
For more information please visit: https://kearnswest.com/
This is an entry-level position that provides project management support to an IDIQ contract with the Department of Interior along with supporting our broader Collaborative Solutions practice. The position involves coordinating, tracking, and maintaining project management systems in support of multiple projects and project teams conducting work across the collaborative problem solving, strategic planning, dispute resolution, public outreach and engagement, and communications processes with private sector and federal government clients.
Key responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Maintaining project tracking systems with updated information garnered from project sources
- Leading administrative and logistical tasks for the contract management team
- Ensuring accuracy of contract information across several databases and trackers
- Coordinating and communicating project information across several teams and entities
- Processing contract changes and project invoices
- Maintaining client and practitioner relationships
- Scheduling and facilitating client and project calls
- Undertaking new business development proposal processes
- Supporting project teams to track scope, budget and schedule of several projects
- Note-taking for key meetings
- Synthesizing project performance data for reporting and improvement purposes
- Contributing to monitoring and evaluating of projects
- Supporting public involvement planning and execution
- Proofreading reports and other documents
- Virtual and in-person meeting logistical and technical support
We are looking for someone who is:
- Highly organized and analytical
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ethical, collegial, and committed to seeking positive outcomes for clients and stakeholders
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently, yet successful at balancing working as part of a team
- Comfortable taking direction and being empowered to take the initiative
- Able to reliably set priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet task deadlines for multiple
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently with limited supervision
- An effective and reliable communicator
- Able to reliably set priorities, manage multiple tasks, and meet project deadlines
- Comfortable learning on the job
- Able to balance work across multiple projects for multiple clients
- Proficient and comfortable working in Excel and closely tracking data
- Fluent with virtual meeting technologies such as zoom, WebEx, Miro, Poll Everywhere, etc.
- will require regular presence in our Washington, DC office and may require some travel (local, regional, national)
- is a non-partisan, “neutral” position in relation to subject matter, not an advocacy position
IMMEDIATE HIRE: We plan to fill this position as soon as possible.
Education, Certifications and Experience
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree or equivalent. Advanced degree or education is valued.
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), particularly in Excel, is required. Demonstrated project management experience is required.
PREFERRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: Strong candidates will have a minimum of two years of employment experience. Proficiency with basic contract management tools including budget tracking is preferred and a recognized project management certification is valued. Demonstrated understanding of federal government contracting is desired. An interest across any or all of the following is desired: project management, data management, monitoring and evaluation, facilitation and stakeholder engagement.
PRIOR DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR EXPERIENCE: We value a demonstrated prior connection to and professional relationships with the Department of the Interior.
How to Apply
Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you not call K&W staff or send telecopies. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.