Kearns & West is a national collaborative problem solving, dispute resolution, stakeholder engagement, and strategic communications firm with offices throughout the country. Kearns & West’s collaboration programs are designed to take a diverse range of issues, opinions, goals, and interests and organize them into clear, productive processes that lead to successful conclusions.
Kearns & West is the ideal match for professionals seeking meaningful work, opportunities for growth, and colleagues that are smart, supportive, and oriented toward public service. Once on board, our team members stay for the long term. The entrepreneurial culture at Kearns & West values initiative. For more information, please visit: www.kearnswest.com.
Kearns & West’s San Francisco, CA office seeks a full-time Executive Administrator/Office Manager. This position will report to the Vice President – People & Operations and will provide Executive level support. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, has great initiative, can accomplish tasks quickly, is able to juggle many tasks simultaneously, and can successfully balance working as part of a team with working well independently. Successful applicants will also have strong written and oral communication skills. Requires high attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
Although this position is based in the San Francisco, CA region and will primarily support the San Francisco office, it makes significant contributions to the entire company’s operations. The Executive Administrator/Office Manager will collaborate with members of the Management, Business, and Project Teams and advance activities across departments including Marketing, HR, and IT.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Oversees the daily work activities and operations of the office.
- Plans and coordinates office team-building activities.
- Maintains inventory of office equipment and supplies; orders new equipment and supplies as needed.
- Facilitates maintenance of office equipment including cleaning, maintenance, and repairs.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to assist the Management and Business Team with assigned administrative duties such as maintaining meeting agendas, digital filing/organization, action list tracking, board and legal coordination and record keeping, scheduling meetings, and managing office operations and staffing schedules.
- Assists in writing and proofreading materials; finds and develops charts, graphics, and visuals.
- Provides technical and administrative support for project team meetings, assisting with meeting planning, note-taking, and running digital engagement technology during meetings.
- Maintains company website with current news, job postings, and team members’ postings in collaboration with the Marketing Team.
- Posts job descriptions and schedules interviews for the HR Team.
- Schedules onboarding and provides operations onboarding training for new hires in coordination with the HR Team. Performs other related duties as assigned.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate would have work and consulting experience and background in environmental justice and equity related to transportation or infrastructure planning and projects, and with other sectors such as climate, water, marine, energy, and community and regional planning. Other desirable qualities include:
- Deep understanding of and experience facilitating and navigating racial and social equity conflicts and power dynamics
- Ability to build partnerships and relationships with sensitive and priority communities
- Proven ability to manage projects in collaboration with multiple team members, including in-house staff, consultants, clients, stakeholders and priority communities and their representatives.
- Organized and prepared to contribute to the collaborative culture of our organization
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently, yet successful at balancing working as part of a team
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills and demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts into accessible, audience-specific materials.
- Strong organizational skills, detail orientation, and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment in an emotionally intelligent and collaborative manner.
- Able to reliably set priorities, manage and meet project deadlines on multiple projects for multiple clients, in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to travel within Northern California, as needed
- Knowledge of office management procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines. Proficient with Office 365 – SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with webinar and other technology (e.g., Zoom, Webex, WordPress, Adobe).
- Experience with organizational platform tools (e.g., Monday, Miro, Asana, Trello, Airtable).
- Experience with graphic design tools (e.g., PhotoShop, InDesign) are a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Communication or Business related field preferred.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: At least three years of C-suite level support or Office Management experience.
Compensation will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. Kearns & West provides a competitive package of benefits.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Kearns & West is committed to maintaining a diverse workplace and is an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a resume and cover letter, including your preferred working location by APPLYING HERE. We ask that you not call K&W staff. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.