Kearns & West is a leader in the field of public involvement and stakeholder engagement, facilitation, public affairs, community outreach and strategic planning for the public and private sectors. Founded in 1984, the small, woman-owned business has offices in Washington, DC; Austin, TX; Charleston, SC; Denver, CO; Portland, OR; and throughout California in Sacramento, San Francisco, Davis, Los Angeles, San Diego and Riverside. We are a relationship-driven organization – internally and externally.
Kearns & West’s high-stakes projects include work at the federal, state, and local levels of government. We work on a variety of issues including water quality and quantity, marine and coastal resources, land use, energy, and more. At their core, our projects are designed to identify and ultimately implement solutions to advance policies and programs essential to solving some of society’s most pressing problems. Kearns & West staff help clients build more equitable and sustainable communities through policy innovation, stakeholder engagement, and collaboration.
Kearns & West is the ideal match for professionals and consultants seeking meaningful work, opportunities for growth, and colleagues that are smart, supportive, and oriented toward public service.
For more information, please visit www.kearnswest.com.
Kearns & West is seeking a consultant with an understanding of the firm’s sectors and services and strong writing skills. It is anticipated the consultancy will run from October to December 2021 with an estimated 75 hours of work. Strong preference for a consultant that will be available on an ongoing basis to support writing for business development and proposals.
Based on the firm’s need and under the supervision of the Senior Business Development Director, the consultant will:
- Work with sector, service, and location teams to create materials (including case studies and statements of qualifications) that showcase our services, financial benefits, and potential solutions to clients’ needs.
- Interview and conceptualize with sector and service teams the core components and offerings that makes their approach to the sector/service area a “value add” to clients.
- Edit content to improve narrative, clarity, conciseness, grammar, and compliance with K&W style
- For high priority proposal efforts work with proposal teams to refine capture plans and strategies, as well as developing with themes
- Prepare major sections of proposals, including but not limited to project descriptions and resumes, tailored for specific proposal
The ideal consultant will be:
- Creative and technical writer responsible for major sections of technical proposals and qualification documents with minimal direction and revisions by others.
- Experienced in the sector and service areas K&W works in
- Experienced in developing proposals for federal, state, and/or municipal clients
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Kearns & West is committed to maintaining a diverse workplace and is an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Independent Contractor, Technical Writer.” We ask that you do not call or email staff directly. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.